Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ethical Principles

While looking through the examples of unethical conduct in class and on my own, I found it shocking how many ethical issues arise in different aspects of our lives. From going through these examples, I have learned the importance of having a personal code of ethics and standing by it. I have also learned that you cannot expect others to act ethically, and that trust should not come easily. I would say that my ethical code would consist of being true to myself, always working hard to reach my goals instead of taking the easy way out, and helping others along the way. It would be so easy to cheat your way through life, but ethically, this is not the way to get ahead. Also, many people "step on" those around them to make themselves look better or move higher up in the workforce. This is also unethical, and in the end will come back to haunt them.

No comments:

Post a Comment